This non-dairy yogurt is prepared with pectin and calcium water. Working with non-dairy milks can be a bit tricky, and some brands of ingredients may work better than others. This recipe was tested with several brands of pectin and only Pomona
- 3½-4cups coconut milk, rice milk, or soy milk
- 2 teaspoons Pomona's pectin powder*
- 2 teaspoons Pomona's calcium water*, prepared according to package directions
- 1 package Vegan Yogurt Starter
- Add pectin powder to 1 cup room-temperature coconut milk. Blend in blender until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2½ cups coconut milk in a saucepan with the calcium water. Heat to 140ºF.
- Add reserved milk and pectin. Return to 140ºF, then remove from heat.
- When milk is cooled to 110°F, sprinkle vegan yogurt starter over milk and stir well. Pour into a clean jar and cover, or pour into your yogurt maker jars and follow manufacturer's directions.
- Culture for 6-8 hours at 105º-112ºF.
- Shake or stir and refrigerate. Yogurt will not thicken until after refrigeration time. Thickening may take up to 24 hours.