BOSCH UNIVERSAL Slicer - Shredder
ON SALE NOW Reg.
Temporarily Out of Stock
CLICK HERE FOR A SLICER/SHREDDER DEMONSTRATION
The Bosch Universal Slicer/Shredder is our most popular attachment for the Universal. You can dice vegetables for stew, soups and stir fries, grate cheese, both hard and soft, slice potatoes for scalloped potatoes, or fine grate graham crackers or coarse grate nuts for cookies. It comes complete with easy to hold see-through bowl, lid, pusher and 3 stainless steel blades with all metal drives.
ADD A WHISK ASSEMBLY TO YOUR SLICER SHREDDER FOR ONLY $156.99. We often use this particular whisk for making frosting for cinnamon rolls, cake mixes and any mixture soft enough for the whisk. Also Great for whipping cream, eggs, egg whites, cake batter and other light whipping.
Here is the difference between the thick and thin slice blade.
Some things we like to do with our Slicer/Shredder
- french fry blade to chop lettuce for a quick salad
- french fry blade to dice vegetables for pizza, stew, soup,
- french fry blade for dicing onions (worth it's weight in gold for this one)
- coarse or fine slice blade for cabbage for coleslaw, Bible Sandwiches
- french fry blade for Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad or soup
- coarse grate frozen butter or shortening to make flakier pastry dough (see video below)
- make low fat french fries by dipping potato fries in beaten egg white and sprinkle season salt and bake at 400 Degrees F for 20-25 min.
- use the mini whip to make graham pie crust after grating graham crackers through on the fine grate, add the butter and let mini whip mix.
- chop nuts (especially walnuts) using the coarse grate blade (all come out the same size
You may also like (click on any image for details)
Click here for both Slicer/Shredders and Food Processor Comparison chart
Selection Tips: Bosch Slicer Shredder vs. Food Processor
The Slicer Shredder and the Food Processor are the two most popular large accessories for the Bosch Universal Mixer. Customers who don't want to purchase both often ask us for help deciding which one would be better for them. Although these two Bosch mixer attachments do many of the same things, there are differences. So here are some thoughts that may help you choose. The Slicer Shredder's 12 cup capacity is more than twice the Food Processor's 5 cups; that might matter if you need to do large batches. Both use stainless steel disks that mount just under their lids to slice and grate the same wide range of fruits and vegetables, with the difference that only the Slicer Shredder offers a french fry disk. The Bosch mixer's Food Processor also allows you to leave out the disks and instead drop in the bottom-mounted food processing blades which will let you cut foods into pieces larger than the Slicer Shredder does -- the longer you run the machine, the smaller the pieces become. Lastly, the optional Whip Drive shown above allows you to do small whipping jobs with the Slicer Shredder on your Bosch mixer-- which can be very handy if your larger mixing bowl is in use. The Slicer Shredder is the more popular of the two, by a factor of about two-to-one. If you still have questions about these or any of the other Bosch Universal Mixer accessories, please give us a call and we'll be happy to help.
TIPS FOR USING THE SLICER/SHREDDER
Click here for Slicer/Shredder parts